Monday 6 June 2011

White-throated Robin

In London for a conference. A Red-flanked Bluetail at Hartlepool Headland (yuk!) turns out to be a White-throated Robin! A few hours later I was on the train home before the drive up north. Pulling into Hartlepool just after 6pm, I heard the news that there had been no sign for several hours since it disappeared into the high-walled “Doctor’s Garden”. So I casually got my stuff together and walked to the garden expecting to wait around for an hour or so before driving home. When I got there it was mayhem as the bird had just been re-found with the help of local traders renting their ladders and vans to stand on!

Mayhem! Mayhem!

Edit (07/06/2011):  I guess this was what it was like before the mayhem! Oh no I’ve just found a terrible picture of me!