Friday 8 January 2016

Bonaparte's Dip

The Bonaparte's Gull that had made a brief appearance earlier on in the week returned to Wilstone Reservoir. As soon as I heard I jumped in the car and headed down, only for it to fly off again whilst I was on the A1. I turned around and, just as I was arriving home, it turned up again, so I turned around again, only for it to fly off again just as I arrived. Several hours driving for a year-tick Shelduck.

Wilstone Reservoir
08 January 2016 12:14 - 13:31
Patchy cloud 14C 9S
Mute Swan, Greylag Goose, Shelduck, Gadwall, Teal, Mallard, Shoveler, Pochard, Tufted Duck, Pheasant, Cormorant, Great Crested Grebe, Moorhen, Coot, Golden Plover, Lapwing, Black-headed Gull, Common Gull, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Woodpigeon, Magpie, Blue Tit (heard), Great Tit, Starling, Blackbird, Grey Wagtail (heard), Pied Wagtail, Chaffinch (heard), Goldfinch