Tuesday 5 April 2016

Black-tailed Godwit at Fowlmere (and Canada Geese!)

A very quick visit before going into Cambridge in what I thought would be a vain attempt at yesterday's female Black-tailed Godwit that I was told was on the mere. I thought my chances would be diminished further when I saw a female Marsh Harrier (later joined by a male) circling over the mere whilst on my way around to the hide. A quick look in awful conditions looking into the sun and my expectations were realised. But then, it wandered out of nowhere. A new bird for me for Fowlmere!

Botanic GardensLater in the day, a pair of Canada Goose were on the lake in the Botanic Gardens in Cambridge. A new bird for me there too. The blossoms looked good too.

Fowlmere
05 April 2016 07:42 - 08:16
Sunny 7C 11W
Greylag Goose, Teal, Mallard, Shoveler, Pheasant, Little Grebe, Marsh Harrier, Kestrel, Moorhen, Woodpigeon, Magpie, Jay, Jackdaw, Rook, Carrion Crow, Goldcrest (heard), Blue Tit, Great Tit, Swallow, Cetti's Warbler (heard), Long-tailed Tit, Chiffchaff (heard), Wren (heard), Blackbird, Song Thrush (heard), Mistle Thrush (heard), Robin (heard), Dunnock (heard), Chaffinch, Reed Bunting


Cambridge Botanic Gardens
05 April 2016 12:25 - 12:51
Partly sunny 14C 11W
Greater Canada Goose, Mallard, Moorhen, Woodpigeon, Magpie, Goldcrest (heard), Blue Tit (heard), Coal Tit (heard), Chiffchaff (heard), Wren (heard), Blackbird (heard), Robin (heard), Chaffinch