Monday 26 April 2010

Cambridge (a small part of), Fowlmere and Shepreth L-moor

A change of seating position at the office in Cambridge has given me a window view. Not too exciting, a view over a small concrete carpark to some huge Leylandii trees, but I decided to do a window list to ease the boredom. By lunchtime I had the following:

Woodpigeon
Chaffinch

Carrion Crow

Bored with that I went to Fowlmere and where the following was recorded:

Grasshopper Warbler
Snipe
x 2
Turtle Dove – heard.
Cetti’s Warbler – heard.
Spotted Flycatcher

I also recorded the year’s first Speckled Woods and Orange Tips, and the first local Holly Blues (several were seen in Norfolk over the weekend.)

A record shot (if it is even a record – could be anything!) of the Grasshopper Warbler was taken.

Grasshopper Warbler (yes, really!)

Later I went for a quick walk with Tom around Shepreth L-moor where a Lesser Whitethroat was found.